Finding independent legal advice is one of the first things you should do before paying any reserve or deposit.
Normally, real estate agents offer their own legal advice, but it is important to find someone who will be on your side.
Probably, you will not have any trouble and the real estate agent will tell you the truth about the property, but it is better to be cautious and try to avoid any problems in the future, than solving them once you have bought the property.
We don’t want to scare you but in Spain, especially in coastal areas and in the countryside, there have been many properties built illegally (without licenses) and many buyers found about that once they bought the property. One of the main problems of buying an illegal property is that the water and electricity company might not be able to supply your house with water and electricity; this is why we advise you to be careful with that.
Our property purchase service offers:
- Direct contact with the real estate agent
- Checking if the property is legal, its ownership and that planning permits are in order
- Making sure that there are no tenants
- Checking if there are mortgages, seizures or charges against the property
- Checking that there are no unpaid taxes
- Checking that all bills for utilities have been paid for the last few years
- Drawing up, revising and signing the purchase contract
- Finding a Notary office for signing the Title Deeds (escritura de compraventa)
- Accompanying you to the Notary with a certified English translator for signing the Deeds (escritura de compraventa) or signing the Deeds on your behalf with a power of attorney (no extra fees)
- Ensuring that taxes are properly paid
- Assisting you on how to connect utilities to your new property
- Being your legal advisor during the whole purchase process
Please contact us before paying any deposits. Cc Lawyers will protect your interests and will make the purchase of your property in Spain a stress-free experience.