Miniature house rest on top of home blueprint

If you find building faults in your property you should know that, in principle, you are not allowed to refuse to have it registered in the Land Registry. However, you should bear in mind that you have up to a 10-year period to sue the development company and that the company is required by law to have an insurance to cover any claims.

For defects visible at first sight, there is a one-year period in which it is possible to file a claim. Regarding defects which concern the habitability of the property, the law establishes a three-year period, whereas for defects which affect the structure of the property, there is a ten-year period to file any claims.

Finally, if the building faults are of great relevance or if you have been handed over a property whose construction quality is other than the stipulated quality, or if any element in it differs from what was agreed on sale contract, you can demand the cancellation of the contract.

It is very important to make sure that everything is right with the property at the beginning because if you find that there are faults after the term for claiming them to the company has expired, it will be very difficult for you to have this covered by the construction company insurance.

Our Law Firm has successfully sued many construction companies under these circumstances.

Please contact us and we will inform you about the options available for your specific case.